kdevelop keeps crashing

I have recently installed kdevelop on my debian unstable system

I can create a small test project without problems, but the reason for
installing kdevelop was to look at the code for cdrecord in order to try and
understand why it is still not working for me with the linux kernel 2.6.9.

I have downloaded the source of cdrtools and then used the import project
wizard in kdevelop to turn this code into a project.  The project looks fine
within kdevelop until I come to quit the program - at which point it crashes.

Having taken this step, I can open a project in this directory because it
seems to have created cdrtools.kdevelop file - although this does not contain
any files (because it asks me if I want to import any - I say yes).

Again, if I close the project (or the program) it crashes.

The backtrace does not seem all that useful - without symbols I presume it is
meaningless.  So I am not sure where to go from here to make a meaningful bug
report.  Any ideas.
--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk