Re: disabling kpersonalizer

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Ulrich Fürst wrote:
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:33:52 +0100
Igor Genibel <igenibel@debian.org> wrote:

You should also try to use the kiosk mode directives globaly

Why should someone have a program installed, nobody's using. (or nobody
should use) If I don't want to use ssh and I want to disable someone
else to ssh to my (desktop) computer I don't try firewall rules, but
simply deinstall it...

Or am I missing something?

Yup, you are missing something. If your firewall is on a separate box you can avoid having the desktop box needing to deal with attempts to use (say) ssh. If you have a combination firewall/desktop it probably doesn't make much difference.