Unnecessary horizontal scroll bars

Hi,

Here (current Debian Sarge with proposed-updates), I have an annoying problem:
Sometimes, text widgets with floating text (e.g. websites with no manual line
breaks) have a slightly too big width.
In konqueror, the slightest resize of the window makes it render it correctly
so that the horizontal scroll bar is gone. Reloading the page works, too.
That also happens with some mails in KMail but there, no reload is
possible :-(
In Knode, the horiz. scrolling does not even work correctly, then, so it
sometimes happen that I cannot read the whole text :-(

So why does this happen?
I might have an explanation: this only happens if the previous view did not
have a vertical scroll bar but the current one has. That's also an
explanation why a simple page reload helps.
I can make this show pretty easy with 3 example mails in KMail.

How can this annoying bug be fixed? Maybe someone else experienced it, too.
I'd rather not want to have Sarge go out with such a bug (showing that not
even placing text in a windows works correctly) :-/

HS

        oder über pgp.net