Re: Enabling shutdown in KDE

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Bud Rogers wrote:

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 10:42, tomas pospisek wrote:
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Frans Pop wrote:
On Wednesday 03 November 2004 15:39, Mateusz wrote:
yeah, that's right, i use startx. do you know how to start KDE
automatically,everytime i start debian?

Install kdm.

How about achieving the same without kdm?

put startx in your .bashrc ?

I had something similar for a time. I'd prefer one of the two following solutions though:

1) have X start in the *background* on console 7 under some user
2) have a special console that'll start X when you log in (this is
   probably easily solved, with some /etc/inittab scripting)

My preferred solution would be 1) though: that way I can log in and work on the console withough having to wait for X and the WM to start up and can only switch to X when I want to.
*t

  Tomas Pospisek
  http://sourcepole.com -  Linux & Open Source Solutions