Re: "No Text!" in kde menu bar and duplicated items

On Friday 15 October 2004 09:52, Massimiliano Mirabello wrote:
> Massimiliano Mirabello wrote:
>
> Sorry, pick&put errors.
>
> > Achim Bohnet wrote:
> >>  What do you get:
> >>
> >> $ locate ui_standards.rc
>
> test@mirabell1$ locate ui_standards.rc
> /etc/kde3/ui/ui_standards.rc
>

> >> $ kde-config --path config
> >

> test@mirabell1$ kde-config --path config
> /home/test/.kde/share/config/

Mhmm, strange.  I guess you use a KDE version that
relies on the /etc/kderc.  Output of

 cat /etc/kderc

and for completeness:

 dpkg -l *kdelibs\* kpdf kedit | grep ^[^up]

You can try to (move dir /usr/share/config away if it exists)

 ln -s /usr/share/config  /etc/kde3

What's the output of kde-config --path config  should
include /etc/kde3 and ui_standards.rc should be found.

Achim