Re: Problem with sound in KDE

* Mateusz [Tue, 05 Oct 2004 08:07:28 +0200]:
> Well , I know now what's the problem:) When I startx while being as a
> su sounds starts in KDE, but when I'm logged as a normal user there's
> no sound! Also when I use KDE while NOT being a su, have to execute
> the su command in a console and then start xmms to play mp3s. It's
> something to do with access/ rights isn't it?

  as root, do:

    $ adduser youruser audio

  where you change "youruser" by your login name.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Q: How do Debian developers play Russian rulette?
A: Everone contributes a key revocation certificate and chooses a number
from one to ten. Then everybody executes a random generator - if it's a
match, then his revocation certificate is submitted to the keyservers.
                -- seen on debian-curiosa@l.d.o