Re: KDE Sources for 3.1.4 on Woody gone?

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:16:03 -0700, Michael Peddemors wrote:

>I noticed that the 3.1.4 sources have dissappeared from download.kde.org for

That's curious .... and alarming .. thanks for that heads-up.  In fact
I see the oldest Debian binaries there are for 3.2.2  -  even though
3.1.5 and 3.2.1 branches are present, they no longer contain any debs.

Perhaps the FTP masters at kde.org are under the illusion that nobody
will be interested in such "old" releases any more.  Maybe we should
put them wise.

>We still have a few problems on the upgrade path to 3.2 series on Woody

And so do many more of us - you're not alone.  My machine here at
home, and all our Debian KDE machines at work are still running 3.1.4
- upgrades to 3.2.x just fail in too many different ways.

In fact, I think it may be time to make a post asking for details of
the supported upgrade paths to Sarge/KDE3.2.3/3.3 ....

[see my next post :)]

PS: I could make my apt archive copies of the KDE 3.1.4 debs for i386
available if anyone wants them.

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                -- seen on the net