Re: KFilterBase::findFilterByExtension

> "WARNING: KFilterBase::findFilterByExtension : no filter found for
> application/pdf", but also for text/plain
>
> and acroread/kprinter will not print any more... It is no cups problem
> because with the lp commando I can print the file corretly.
>
> Is this a KDE problem or gs ? and where can I add 'filter extentions' ?

I've seen it for quite a long time now, but it doesn't seem to break anything
here.

Load a PDF, and I get the error in question:

kghostview: WARNING: KFilterBase::findFilterByExtension : no filter found for
application/pdf

Then I print a page of it, and I get the second error you mentioned:

kghostview: WARNING: KFilterBase::findFilterByExtension : no filter found for
text/plain

Yet the page emerged from my printer in perfect shape.  I've printed scads of
PDFs since these mysterious errors first showed up, and I just wrote it off
as noise.  If it ain't broke....

I'm running CUPS too.  I have a Brother HL-1440/foomatic+hl1225.  Maybe that's
the difference between our setups?  These messages obviously represent
something unpleasant on your own box.

Sorry I have no idea what it might be.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>