Re: KMail PGP/MIME howto and Debian

On August 30, 2004 05:22 pm, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 30 August 2004 21:22, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > There's also something odd about
> > the packaging of cryptplug, because even though it's required by gnupg,
> > deborphan always reports it as an orphan.
>
> I don't see any dependency like that in Sarge.
> I just manually installed cruptplug yesterday on my laptop because signing
> emails wasn't working in kmail.

Me neither.  How very odd.  Yesterday, I was looking at KPackage and the only
dependencies I saw were cryptplug and libgpgme*.  Now the dependencies don't
look anything like that.  If not for the fact that I have tried previously to
delete cryptplug and had it force other packages, I would think I'd been
imagining things.

So, back to the original point.  Forget gnupg or kgpg, what KMail needs for
signing/encrypting is cryptplug (which I'm certain depends on lipgpgme,
today...), but it _definitely_ shouldn't be required because not everybody
wants to use it.
--
derek