Re: where do mixer settings come from?

On Sunday 29 August 2004 12:23 pm, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Sunday 29 August 2004 07:24, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> >   also, I'd swear that was somewhere in the control center too, but I
> >   can't find it now.
>
> Control Center / Sound & Multimedia / Mixer
> - button: Save Current Volumes
> - checkbox: Load volumes on login
>
> (KDE 3.2.3 from current Sarge)

I think what probably happened is that this config module went away at some
point (I've got mostly 3.3 from Sid, although this problem dates back a long
time), but I still have the config file lingering somewhere.  As others have
reported, I don't have a "Mixer" option on kcontrol -> Sound & Multimedia at
all.

I don't have a kmix* or *kmix* or *mix* or mix* anywhere in any user's ~/.kde
either.

Something is still screwing with the mixer though.  (Not the sound system
either.  That's turned off for every user.)

I'm still stumped.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/