Re: kdelibs in sid depends libjack0.80.0-0 which depends jackd; see 248665

Mariusz Zielinski wrote:

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 01:03, Paul Scott wrote:
[...]
That was good to know.  But still when I try:

jackd -d alsa

I get :
paul@joy:~/tex/pima/f2004/tec239$ sudo jackd -d alsa
jackd 0.98.1
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Illegal instruction

Any ideas?

IMHO binary is optimised to use instructions that your cpu does not support (MMX, SSE, SSE2 , 3DNow!, CMOV).
K6-II 350. It does have mmx and 3dnow. I guess sse is an Intel thing. Not sure about cmov yet.

Thanks,

Paul