Re: Keyboard not working in KDM sometimes

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 07:49, sven kissner wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 August 2004 01:36, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 August 2004 01:05, Scott Thompson wrote:
> > >  I'm getting an odd problem since upgrading to KDE 3.3 from
> > > unstable.  When KDM comes up, my mouse always works.  I can
> > > select a user name, click on the session types button, etc.
> > > However, sometimes my keyboard doesn't work.
> >
> > Same here. I haven't tried to figure out what's happening, though.
>
> i'm not quite sure that this is kdm related.. i use it's autologin feature
> and therefore only see kdm if i end a session. i was missing my keyboard in
> kde itself from time to time. (ok, after ending such a session, the keys
> didn't work in kdm either). workaround was the same: -> console login,
> restart X / kdm.  anyhow, i didn't experience it since downgrading to linux
> 2.6.7 again.

The same here, but I don't think that it is a kernel issue. Running unstable
and 2.6.8.1, but I think I experienced it even when using 2.6.7 (and only
since the 2.3 KDE packages came). It is a kind of fuzzy issue, as my desktop
PC and my notebook are mostly using same versions and I only have the problem
on my notebook. No real solution here, anyway.

Have fun,
 Marcus

--
 :: Marcus Thiesen :: www.thiesen.org :: ICQ#108989768 :: 0x754675F2 ::

Why would anyone want to write a Scheme intepreter in Perl? --Felix Lee
Madness.
                                                                   Larry Wall