Re: Can't install KDE 3.3 due to OpenEXR dependency

On Monday 23 August 2004 12:10 pm, Patrick McNamara wrote:
> 3.3 is uninstallable on my fresh debian unstable box.
> The error message is kdelibs4: Depends: libopenexr0 but libopenexr2 is the
> only package available and it does not fulfil the dependency.
>
> Actually, it looks like this was reported as grave bug 266504.  Any status
> on this?  I would like to get KDE on this box!

I found this too... just tried to reinstall on my laptop (Using the new
installer then moving to Sid)

Anyway, just found this page: http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianKDE

The key there is to follow this link:
http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2004/08/18/debian/pool/main/o/openexr/

which happily has the package we are looking for! (I haven't actually
installed it yet... wanted to reply to this before I forgot).

Good luck with it!

-Gregg