RE: Lower volume with KDE 3.3

I'm getting an odd problem since upgrading to KDE 3.3 from unstable.  When
KDM comes up, my mouse always works.  I can select a user name, click on the
session types button, etc.  However, sometimes my keyboard doesn't work.  I
can't type in a password and I can't switch to another terminal.  I can
click on login with command prompt, which switches me to a command line.
The keyboard works fine at that point and I can log in and type startx to
get into KDE.  Anyone else having this problem or know what's going on?