Re: icons, kde3.3 and debian

Patrick Dreker wrote:
Am Samstag, 21. August 2004 15:21 schrieb Fredrik Axelsson:

Thanks for all the replies!
I put a screen grab up on my homepage:

http://home.student.uu.se/frax0795/screen.png

I scaled the image to exactly twice the size to make the problem more
apparent.

This looks like the alpha channel (transparency in the icons) does not work. If it works, some semi-tansparent pixel on the borders of the icons are used to blend the icons into the background, and avoid the "jagged edge" effect.

Unfortunately I don't have a soultion handy...

Patrick

Yes, I suspect so as well. The weird thing is that everything looks fine in Gnome. Maybe Gnome performs the alpha blending before it writes to the framebuffer. Is KDE using a special X extension to handle the alpha channel? I know vnc is in itself based upon an older x server implementation which does not support newer features. But this is really just speculation. But since I haven't seen many other posts about similar problems with KDE and VNC here or anywhere else I assume that other people aren't having any problems with this. I'm at a total loss over this problem.

/Fredrik