Re: kdelibs in sid depends libjack0.80.0-0 which depends jackd; see 248665

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 04:00:46AM +0200, sven kissner wrote:

> hi paul,
>
> On Sunday 15 August 2004 05:19, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > No kidding.  I don't see much point for KDE to have anything to do with
> > arts.  If you want to play more than one sound at once, spend $10 and
> > get a sound card worthy of being called such, like a SBLive and not some
> > total piece of shit like pretty much anything involving ac97.
>
> (no) offense, but your writing is the same piece of whatever you called ac97
> chips.. probably some people have a reason to use such a sound device, e.g.
> laptops or barbone pcs, one of them being me. considered that, your posting
> isn't very helpful nor creative.

What is even funnier is that SBLive uses ac97 as well... :)

Read the following page:

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=206&product=50&nav=technicalSpecifications

"Utilizes AC '97 Audio Codec"

Same goes for even the Audigy 2 cards.