Re: kdelibs in sid depends libjack0.80.0-0 which depends jackd; see 248665

On Friday 20 August 2004 5:39, Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler wrote:
> Just out of curiosity.  Did you find any usefull information on getting
> your sound system to work with alsa.  I've installed the alsa packages and
> run alsasetup (sorry I'm not sure if that's exactly what it was called),
> but I still get oss modules loaded and a device error on boot.  I can't
> seem to figure out what modules I do and don't need.

Just a note - if you are using hotplug, you may need to put an entry for your
OSS module (that you *don't want loaded) in /etc/hotplug/blacklist .
For instance, to use ALSA's "snd_ymfpci" instead of the OSS module "ymfpci", I
needed to "echo ymfpci>> /etc/hotplug/blacklist , to prevent the OSS module
from loading first.

HTH,

Robert L