Kmix problem in Sid

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to 3.3 on sid, and everything seems to work fine (I
don't use kdm), with the odd exception of kmix. Arts-based applications
work fine, as does the test sound on the multimedia control panel and the
system notification sounds, so I'm pretty sure this isn't an artsd problem.
I can control the volume in alsamixer, and I seem to be able to control my
volume just fine in GNOME as well. I have not changed kernels (system info
below), and things worked fine before this recent upgrade.

The problem with kmix, though, is that it just doesn't seem aware of any
sound system. It has an X over it in the systray and when clicked it gives
a blank window with a blank "Current mixer" selection box.

Is anyone else having a similar problem? I haven't found any bug reports,
but I don't want to post a redundant report either.

My system:
Debian Sid, updated as of 8/16 (with the exception of a held ifupdown)
Machine: i686
Kernel: 2.6.7
Alsa is compiled into the kernel, and artsd is running in kde.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Best,
Jesse