Re: kdelibs in sid depends libjack0.80.0-0 which depends jackd; see 248665

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 09:15:07AM +0200, Robert Lindgren wrote:
> On Sunday 15 August 2004 05:19, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Stephen Cormier <s.cormier@gmx.net> writes:
> > > Welcome to the club I wish they would get rid of that damn artsd yet all
> > > these years later it's still there screwing shit up.
> >
> > No kidding.  I don't see much point for KDE to have anything to do with
> > arts.  If you want to play more than one sound at once, spend $10 and
> > get a sound card worthy of being called such, like a SBLive and not some
> > total piece of shit like pretty much anything involving ac97.
>
> I'll give you $100 if you manage to change soundcard to a SBLive on my Dell
> Inspiron.

Well its not a SBLive its newer and better, SB Audigy 2 NX

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?prodid=9103

:)

But really arts is more than just a mixer, it does audio decoding from
various formats and does video decoding as well to play videos on your
screen as well. However they are considering scrapping arts for KDE 4
and possibly going to something else, perhaps gstreamer.

Chris