Re: "solved", but error persists: kghostview error while rendering to screen

On Saturday 07 August 2004 15:22, dekkker wrote:

> I guess that hardens the suspicion about the cause for this problem
> being new PDF versions?

I think so. For new PDF documents you shouldn't use kpdf.

> I don't know the tiniest bit about what
> ghostscript is for, though... I'm really just a desktop user.

ghostscript "converts" Postscript (the page description language used by
"better" printers, invented by Adobe) to many pixmap formats. Most Unix
programms produce Postscript which is rendered by ghostscript to print
to "simple" printers.

André