$KDEHOME/cache-<HOSTNAME>

Hi,

Has anyone tried linking a user's KDE cache dir to a tmpfs[1]?

I would expect a performance boost but can't properly test it because I'm usually 40-60M into swap when running KDE + apps.

The cache would need to be saved to HDD and restored for a reboot, but is preserved through logins.

- Bruce

[1] tmpfs is the one which runs out of VM and doesn't need to have a fs created in it before it can be used (kernel: CONFIG_TMPFS), probably shows up as:

tmpfs                    47324         0     47324   0% /dev/shm

in df's output if it is enabled.