Re: How to get rid of KVim

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 11:27 am, Alexander Nordström wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 Jun 2004 21:14, David Goodenough wrote:
> > It seems to be a pre-req for any KDE install, try to remove it (at least
> > under Debian) and most of KDE seems to want to go away.
>
> It is not.

I wonder where the insane dependencies are.  IIRC, I installed the "kde"
metapackage, which pulled in kvim and the kitchen sink.  I can't remove kvim
without some trouble.

->apt-get remove kvim
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kde kdeaddons kvim vimpart
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.

->apt-get remove vimpart
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kde kdeaddons vimpart
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.

I did get rid of it once through some trickery, but it came back as a side
effect of some subsequent action (probably an update), and I decided to leave
it alone.

I don't really remember all of this very clearly, but I seem to recall I had
to hand edit one of apt's files in var to get rid of this thing without
taking all of KDE with it.  It got quite ugly.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/