Re: kdevelop & KDE

> > I tried to install some KDE packages from the KDE website, and now get
> > these errors:
> >
> > Invalid entry (missing '=') at /usr/bin/designer:8
> You should maybe look line 8 of the batch file /usr/bin/designer for a clue
> > kio (KService*): WARNING: The desktop entry file /usr/bin/designer has no
> > Name
> >
> > I think I've messed up KDE somehow, but I can't figure out what the problem
> > is. I've tried uninstalling the packages and reinstalling the ones from the
> > Debian site, but that didn't help. Somehow the more I try out ideas I find
> > by googling, the more I seem to break things :-((
> >
> > Marie-Regine
>
> Which version of Debian and which version of KDE do you use ? It looks like a
> problem of bad configuration files still laying on your computer.

I'm running Debian stable - probably better for a beginner. I don't use the whole of KDE, just some of the applications. It looks like what I reinstalled yesterday (the last thing I did) must have been kdebase_2.2.2-14.7_i386.deb. And before that, I installed and then de-installed the stable packages from http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.4/Debian/. That's when the problem started.

Actually, I was trying to start a C++ self-tutorial which I found on the web and where they suggested you use kdevelop, but I was getting errors when ./configuring the first tutorial in kdevelop. And when I tried to solve those, I messed up KDE overall.

BTW, I don't know if there's any relation, but since today, when I start korganizer, I get:
Error can't open database!
(but korganizer seems to work fine anyway)

Marie-Régine