A couple of questions -- bugs and gpg-agent

Hi,

I have Debian/woody on my laptop here (actually rather old one --
Compaq Presario 1200) and I have upgraded to KDE 3.2.2 from
packages on "deb http://download.kde.org/stable/latest/Debian
stable main" (credative packages). I understand that these
packages are still in alpha stage of packaging, so I am not
complaining that there are many problems with the packages, but
I would love to know, where I could direct my questions and/or
bug reports (I have just rejected a bug report from
bugs.debian.org, because they do not want to support packages
they do not make; and I guess that I would be kicked out from
bugs.kde.org for similar reasons).

So let me put here couple of pet peeves, which I have not found a
solution for yet (and beware, that I am not a programmer, so
some of my questions may be rather clueless):

1) One of the reasons I have switched to Debian a couple of years
ago was that there is a one policy, which is supposed to be
followed by all packages, because I was really sick by all
different packages doing the same things in their own ways. I
was therefore unpleasantly surprised when I found that these
packages screwed up /etc/X11/Xsession mechanism (or that they do
not use it at all). Isn't this against a Debian policy of some
sort?

I was able to make gpg-agent working by my personal .xprofile,
but there doesn't seem to be a good way how to make it work
system-wide.

2) Help doesn't work. At all. There are all help pages installed
in my system
(like /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kmail/index.docbook), but when
I try to open help page for KMail (if it was possible directly
from KMail it would be better, but there is Help menu missing)
from KHelpCenter I get only the error message "Požadovaný
dokument s nápovědou nebyl nalezen. Ujistěte se, že jste
nainstalovali dokumentaci." ("The required document with help
was not found. Make sure, that documentation has been
installed."). Of course, that I have installed documentation
(the above-mentioned file is there), but I have to persuade
khelpcenter to find it?

3) Somebody on this list mentioned that in 3.2.2 pinentry-qt was
made part of the basic KDE so it should be installed
in /usr/lib/pinentry directory. There is no such directory on my
system and because pinentry-qt from "deb
http://www.opensides.be/debian woody main" does not work for me,
I have to use pinetry-gtk.

	Thanks for any answer,

		Matej Cepl

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

..every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has
any Right to but himself. The Labour of his Body, and the Work of
his Hands, we may say, are properly his. .... The great and chief
end therefore, of Mens uniting into Commonwealths, and putting
themselves under Government, is the Preservation of their
Property.
    -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"