Re: unstable: apt-get install cupsys

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Roy Bixler wrote:
On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 03:39:33PM +0200, dekkker wrote:
If I do "apt-get install cupsys" it says:

  cupsys: H?ngt ab: libcupsimage2 (>= 1.1.19final-1) soll aber nicht installiert werden
          H?ngt ab: libcupsys2-gnutls10 (>= 1.1.20final-1) soll aber nicht installiert werden
          H?ngt ab: libcupsys2-gnutls10 (= 1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4) soll aber nicht installiert werden
          H?ngt ab: gs-esp soll aber nicht installiert werden
E: Kaputte Pakete

So, libcupsimage2 etc. are not going to be installed.
<snip>
Any hints are appreciated. I must be doing something very wrong. -.- Thanks.

I have the same situation.  I downloaded each of the CUPS packages
manually and installed them with a "--force-depends" flag.  CUPS works
now, but "apt" still wants to remove KDE every time I try an update.
I don't think either of us are doing anything wrong, but the problem
would seem to be a packaging error in CUPS.  Probably one of the
packages is missing an apropos "Provides" line.  For now, I will see
if there is a CUPS package update which fixes this problem.

I found that putting the CUPS -dev pkg on hold is enough to keep APT from trying to remove most of KDE.

- Bruce