Re: KDE 3.2.2 for Woody... Careful upgrading..

Michael Peddemors writes:

> Korganizer ate my calendar.. (Backup your .ics, actually my fault,
> anyone upgrading should always backup their .kde directory, JUST IN
> CASE, however it still should not have ate it.)

Can you file a bug report about that on bugs.kde.org, so people there
can try to diagnose and fix ?

First of all, apparently you're using "apt-get install" for upgrading
packages.  This is a bad idea.  Use dselect, aptitude, synaptic, these
do a much better job at automatically handling dependencies.

> OpenOffice no longer wants to install

> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   openoffice.org1.1-bin: Depends: libfreetype6 (< 2.1.0) but
>   2.1.5-1woody2 is
> to be installed

That of course has nothing to do with KDE.  However, you need to
remove the old openoffice.org1.1-bin, as it is replaced by
openoffice.org-bin.  See above, this would have been fixed by a proper
pkg mgt tool.

> kdeaddons won't install... Not sure why.. (Actually, NOW it does,
> but only after installing kdeaddons-kfile-plugins, not sure why that
> didn't automagically work)

See above: use a proper mgt tool.

> Fonts all changed..  (maybe new defaults, and didn't keep the old
> settings.)

No idea.

> komba2 is now gone..(That I understand, I guess)

That's strange, it is still there on my system.

> Lost 'psi' as it needs libqt3-mt, but that will remove
> everything.. as we now use libqt3c102-mt (Strange the naming for
> qt3-dev-tools stayed the same)

If you're going to be using unstable, you should also use psi from
unstable.  See above: use a proper pkg mgt tool.

> Something replaces kdepim-libs.. I had to remove that one, it got
> jammed up as well..

This is intended.  See above: use a proper pkg mgt tool.

cheers
domi