Re: does kmail in kde 3.2 fully support procmail?

On Sunday 04 April 2004 11:39, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Saturday 03 April 2004 21:21, Georg Sauthoff wrote:
> > On Saturday 03 April 2004 20:20, Jeff Coppock wrote:

> > > <snip>

> > > Just outta curiosity, what do you need from Procmail that the Kmail
> > > fitering can't provide?
> >
> > for starters, case insensitive match, if you need it. For other more
> > advanced things see 'man procmailrc' and 'man procmailex'.

> Use regular expression in KMail.

I tested it now with Kmail from KDE 3.2.1, because my last experiments are
some versions older.
So with both regular expressions and normal pattern-matching I get
case-insensitive results by default. I see no chance to change this behaviour
to case-sensitive.
In the kmail-handbook is also a note that the search string of rewriting
headers is allways case-sensitive. And again no chance to change it, if you
need it.

> > Last but not least is procmail one example of the well known unix
> > philosophy. IIRC 'One (excellent) tool for one job'. Because of that, k3b
> > uses cdrecord/cdrdao instead of implementing own burning code.

> And because of it k3b is always slightly wrong and acts wierdly. In reality
> k3b uses cdr-tools because there currently are no good libraries for
> burning.

A lib is a tool, too.

Regards
Georg Sauthoff