Re: udev HOWTO? [OFFTOPIC]

On Friday 26 March 2004 8:46 am, Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler wrote:
> Yes, thats what I thought too.  If I have to edit fstab every time to find
> my USB device, then the average user will be helpless.  Maybe this is
> handled better in the "easier" distros...

And it looks like currently there are no userfriendly frontends.

I just apt-got udev and writing the rules for my external drive, card reader,
dvd drive, tv card, webcam and printer were quite simple.  However, I did
have to overcome the snafu that there were no ptys!!  I don't quite
understand why the package ships this way.