Re: kcontrol crashed bei Auswahl "Soundsystem"

Am Dienstag, 23. März 2004 14:19 schrieb Ulrich Fürst:
> I have a problem with the Control Center. Whenever I klick on Sound &
> Multimedia --> Soundsystem kcontrol crashes with
>
> The application KDE Control Center (kcontrol) crashed and caused the
> signal 11 (SIGSEGV).
> --- 8< ---

I had the same problem with kernels 2.6.3 and 2.6.4 with alsa 0.9? and
1.0.2c. The problem stayed in kde 3.1.5 and disappeared in
kde 3.2.1 from SID. artsd was enabled and showed an error message sth.
like 'fatal error: cpu overload, exit'.

I didn't had such problems with kernels 2.4.19 and 2.4.22.

Also as root I didn't had these problems. Now with kde 3.2.1 I also have
no more problems with the sound dialog in kcontrol, also artsd is
working like a charm.

I never found a reason or solution for this behavior of kcontrol and
artsd.

I started a thread in debian-german-users:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/2004/debian-user-german-200403/msg00650.html

kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling