Re: KDE 3.2: Control Center almost gone

On Mon March 22 2004 01:15 pm, Jeff Elkins wrote:
 ] I've done both. I dist-upgraded a Mepis system to 3.2 and it was hosed. I
 ] wiped the box, installed Woody/KDE, dist-upgraded to Sid and it's working w/o
 ] any major problems.

 I still don't get why people think a pretty installer warrants such
 on-going pain.  It's the old half-hour install .v. lifetime of maintenance
 argument all over again, I know.  Nonetheless, I don't get it.

 I also don't get how distributions that aren't Debian can claim to be
 100% compatible with Debian, given the surfeit of anecdotal evidence
 to the contrary.

 Jedd.