Re: 3.2.1 weirdnesses

On March 18, 2004 14:22, Marcus Thiesen wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 20:02, martin f krafft wrote:
> > I am downgrading to 3.1.5 where everything works for now. Should
> > I file a bug?
> >
> > I would appreciate being CC'd on replies.
>
> I've experienced this behavior but there was an easy solution: just
> select KDE as the type of session in KDM. Have you tried this?

That's assuming that KDE is even there as an option... I experienced
some weirdness as well, though not quite the same. For me, the packages
ksmserver, ksplash, kpager and kpersonalizer were missing from the
install even though they were listed as dependencies (!). Before I
realized what had happend I had to start up GNOME (noooo!!) and
incrementally started up the various KDE background apps (kwin, kicker,
etc) until I ran into a couple that didn't exist. I then installed them
by hand and all was well afterwards.

FWIW, I upgraded KDE by removing all the existing vestiges of KDE then
installing the new packages.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations