Re: KDM hang after login

>>> sure there would be, but i think "default" is a better default.

>> dumping the user into a blank background screen after login

> that was a bug not a feature

My mistake. I interpreted him to be defending the bug as the new
way of doing things, which was inexplicable to me because of who
he is.

> having the kdm 'default' option call the x-session-manager
> alternative is IMHO _exactly_ the right behavior, that's what
> it is there for

I agree. XSMP, etc., are there for a purpose. When the bug is fixed,
the system will again act in an intuitive manner.

> there's currently a bug where the alternative setting is borked,
> but it will be fixed, if it isn't already

I'm glad you guys are there getting it done. Thank you.

>> But surely you could have those using KDM default to KDE.

> choice of display manager has no direct relation to choice of
> desktop environment, nor should it have

As long as the system either lets you select on install or has an
intuitive default, all is well in my world. And it is.

Rodger Williams

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.