Re: kdm: authentication failure

Am Mittwoch, 10. März 2004 15:53 schrieb Jeff Elkins:
> Since upgrading to KDE3.2, kdm will no longer allow autologin,
> giving me an authentication failure.  Is there a workaround for
> this?
This worked for me:

  cp /etc/pam.d/kdm /etc/pam.d/kdm-np

and removed the following line from kdm-np:

  auth       required     pam_unix.so shadow nullok

I don't know if this opens any security holes. I don't know that much
of PAM.

Tobias

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML mail
\ / No proprietary formats in attachments without request

Registered Linux User #293344