KDE 3.2.1 optimization?

Hi all-

I finally made the switch to 3.2.1 last night (from the offical apt repository). I am thoroughly impressed: 3.2.1 looks wonderful. For some reason, however, programs seem to be loading/running slower since the upgrade.

There were some problems (had to force install kdelibs), and I am wondering if I have any 3.1.5 stuff that might be slowing everything down.

I'm also wondering about klauncher, which I do not remember having under 3.1.5 and which is now using ~10% of system resources. I can't kill it, for some reason.

Any advice appreciated.
Solidarity
Will Maier