Re: Using deb and CVS version alternately?

Michael Schuerig wrote:

> I've got a break-neck question...
> Is it possible to keep one KDE 3.2 installed from dedisasternother build
> from CVS (in /usr/local/kde) in parallel and use them alternately? If
> anyone has tried such a thing, I'd be interested to hear who you did
> it.
Well I have the 3.1.5 debs and using KDE3.2 from Konstruct, but I'm not
planning to switch back so there is no config disaster.

Why not making a new user testkde and installing the KDEcvs to /home/testcvs
and putting something like "cp -r /home/normaluser/.kde/ ~/.kde" in
the .bashrc. For starting single applications you just need to (in an
normalusers X session) open a term and login as user testkde and start it.
The config changes made with testcvs would be lost of course, but for
testing it would be sufficient.

        Christoph