Re: Report: KDE 3.1.x/Woody Screensaver Situation

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 03:29, Nick Boyce wrote:
> I've been experimenting, and have made two improvements in the situation
>
> (3) How come some people find all 160 screensavers work from Kcontrol
> without the problem I found ?   (I'm thinking perhaps there are
> different .desktop files in other packagers' KDE debs ...)

I have been having screensaver problems with Woody as well. Only the
KDE-screensavers were working. In the end I deleted all links to other
screensavers.

Recently I upgraded to KDE 3.2 (stable backport) and Help! some screensavers
that did work with 3.1.4 stopped working.

I have good news though. The past couple of days I have been testing the
new Debian Installer and installed Sarge with KDE 3.1.5 on a spare harddisk.
All screensavers work fine now!

I am not sure if my 3.2 problems for Woody are early packaging problems or
maybe there is something wrong with my config files, but I've decided to wait
for Sarge to become stable before I do any more investigating.

Cheers,

FJP