konqueror in 3.2/sid

I apt-get upgraded last night, and relogged in this morning, getting the
latest kde packages.  Now, however, konqueror does not go anywhere, sitting
and hanging at 'connecting', no matter what website I point to.  I first
chalked this up to using an authenticated proxy (which tends to break at
least one per major release cycle), but even after changing the proxy setting
to 'connect directly to the internet', and trying to go to an internal
webserver, I get the same result.  I then blew away my settings for
konqueror, and the share/apps for konq, khtml, kionetrc, and kioslaverc,
reset things up, and have the same problem.  I should note that I have also
been killing the preloaded konq after each change, just to be sure.  The only
hint I have been able to find at all is the following from
my .xsession-errors:

KURLRequester::setProperty( "mode", value ) failed: property invalid,
read-only or does not exist
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /usr/share/qt3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /usr/share/qt3/include/qvaluelist.h (372)
DCOP aborting while waiting for answer from 'kded'
DCOP aborting while waiting for answer from 'kded'
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used

I get that every time I try to go to a website in konq.  So, any ideas?  Cuz I
don't like mozilla...

Other notes: I have tried with the kwalletmanager running and not, with no
change.  Also, I never get prompted for a username/password, even after
resetting things up.

--
D.A.Bishop