Re: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.

It looks like libfreetype6 is indeed the problem. It's funny I didn't
have this problem with kde 3.1.2 though.

startkde: Starting up...
kdeinit: relocation error: /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: undefined symbol:
FT_Seek_Stream
startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.

The culprit definitely seems to be libfreetype6, which I have
installed from testing because I am running Xfree86 4.2.1.

libfreetype6    2.1.7-2 install ok installed
libfreetype6    2.0.9-1 stable
libfreetype6    2.1.7-2 testing
libfreetype6/testing uptodate 2.1.7-2

So it seems kde 3.2 (from download.kde.org) conflicts with
libfreetype6 2.1.7-2. Is it possible to run Xfree86 4.2.1 and KDE 3.2
on the same system?

Please cc me in your reply.
Thanks,
Shaun