Re: kmidi problem?

Am Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004 20:26 schrieb Tom Deblauwe:
> On Monday 19 January 2004 16:29, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > Most of it is copied and it cuts down to: timidity -iAq -Os
> > Last time I checked, order mattered.
> > Kmid then can make perfect use of it.
> I found this out too, but for me, it only works if I kill artsdsp,
> otherwise I can't hear anything.  starting it with artsdsp in front of it
> doesn't help either.  Have you got the same problem?

Here, arts goes down after 1 second of inactivity.
Actually, I never understood why arts should be an exception to other sound
programs like XMMS.

timidity itself uses a normal channel. If your hardware cannot do more than
one channel in hardware, you might want to use the dmix alsa plugin (I think
that was its name)

HS

        oder über pgp.net