Re: umount a device konqueror has acted on

On Saturday 17 January 2004 12:44, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> I have asked this a year ago or so and at this time someone told me that
> this is a bug. But i can till now not umount my cdrom (which was mountet on
> the commandline usinf mount /cdrom) if I have e.g. copied from this device
> using konqueror unless i close the konqueror session. But this is not a
> good behavior. Have I made a misstake or is this really not possibel?

I seem to remember having my system set up so that even if contents of the
mounted directory was being displayed, I could still eject the disk.

This doesn't work now. I use a desktop icon to mount the cd and open konquerer
with a double click, displying the contents. But before I can eject the disk
by right clicking on the cd icon and selecting the eject context menu item,
the contents must not be displayed simultaneously in konqueror, or the
unmounting will fail. If I switch to another folder in konqueror, I can
immidiately eject the disk.

I did a reinstall not so long ago, and this might have flushed a few tricks I
had added.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.5 on Debian GNU/Linux