Re: problem initializing system services with kde 3.1

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 03:45:38PM +0000, Chris wrote:
> Hi, I recently got a problem starting KDE. After I enter my username and
> password it hangs on "Initializing system services", then after one
> minute the screen becomes blank apart from the debian background
> display. Then almost exactly 5 mins later (I timed it) the KDE desktop
> appears as usual. At this point everthing seems to work fine.

The most common reason I've heard about this problem is that the user
doesn't have their networking setup right. Various causes from not
having loopback enabled to having the wrong entries in /etc/hosts. That
would be the first thing I would check out myself.

Chris