Re: K3b, cdrecord and user...

Jean-Michel Kelbert wrote:
Le 13/01/04 a` 14:37 Lars Schimmer (schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de) écrivait :

Hi!

I just setup Debian sarge with KDE 3.1 and an IDE/ATAPI burner and k3b.
While starting K3b as a user, I get the message: Can't find cdrecord, install package cdrtools for cdrecord." But apt-cache doesn't show ANY cdrtools package, only cdrecord, which is in the system.
How do I get K3B to run as a user and burn as a user?

0) apt-get install cdrecord
1) at the setuid question, say yes.
2) add the user to the cdrom group

Done. Nothing happend to k3b and cdrecord. K3b still says "can't find cdrecord".
But it IS there and it is executeable as root.

Cya
Lars
Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institut für Computergraphik
Tel.: +49 531 391-2109            E-Mail: schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de