Re: k3b & kernel 2.6

Todd Charron wrote:

>> Cdrdao in Sid does support atapi on kernel 2.6.
>
> As I've just found out recently (through reporting it incorrectly as a bug
> myself) cdrdao is indeed patched to support ATAPI.  I can confirm this as
> I've tested it myself today.
>
> cdrdao copy --source-device /dev/hdc --device /dev/hdd --speed 24 (etc
> options)
>
> The problem from what I can see is that K3B assumes that the support is
> not there based on the version number and thus disables usage of the
> reader in copying.
>
> I'll test that patch out myself later on when I get a moment to see if I
> can confirm it, but if you could report a bug on it including the patch it
> would be much appreciated.
>
> Btw what effect will this line have on the Debian sources?
>
> && bin->version.suffix() == "-suse" ) ) {
>
> Should this be changed to something to reflect debian's cdrdao package?
>

> Todd

OK.  I'll report a bug anyway.  Thanks for checking.

I don't think the suse line has much effect.  Based on the comment in k3b,
my guess is that Suse appended "-suse" to their version of cdrdao because
it included the backported atapi patch.  Debian has included the patch
since cdrdao 1.1.7-4, but it doesn't seem to play around with a version
suffix.  That's why I resorted to changing the numeric check.

John Stamp