Re: Updating Woody X To Backports 4.2.1-14 ?

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:32:49 -0500, Matej Cepl wrote:

>On Saturday 10 of January 2004 16:49, Greg Madden wrote:
>
>> Apt-get will not install a package if it depends on a new
>> package. ... Dselect does a more complete job of satisfying
>> depends ...
>
>Don't touch dselect, if you don't know what you are doing!

Don't worry !   I'd rather tear my own arm off than re-enter that dark
and murky pool of horror.  Once bitten (ok, twice actually), the fear
has never quite left me :)

How can dselect be so bad, when apt is so good ?

>Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time
>reading it.
>      -- Moses Hadas

Oh the joys of English language ambiguity.

Cheers,
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
"Bother", said Pooh, as he struggled with sendmail.cf, "it never
does quite what I want.  I wish Christopher Robin was here".