[kdm] xft and Xservers

Hi,

firstly, kdm should have a /etc/default/ file to enable xft support. More
precise to set QT_XFT=1.

I have many desktops booting the same image, but having different
hardware. Today I set the environment variable XF86CONFIG to switch
between X configs. But it is to expensive to foster more then one config
file. X offers the possibility to select different layouts out of one
config file. So I only need to edit one config file. But how can I switch
between these layouts while using kdm?

xdm uses Xresources as config file, which is passed through cpp before.
This way I can select different Xservers files with specific options
(-layout foo or -layout bar). How can I do this with kdm?

Thanks, Joerg.

--
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything that can be
added, but when there is no longer anything to take away.