KDE setting xterm resources

My xterm is starting with an Helvetica font under KDE2, which doesn't
work well (it's s p a c e d  o u t).  I have just discovered that
xterm is fine under other desktops or window managers, so clearly
something in the KDE startu is setting the resource.  In particular,
xrdb -query reports
xterm*Font:     -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--18-180-75-75-p-98-iso10646-1

ONLY under KDE.

Does anyone have any ideas where this might be getting set?  I've
grepped around, and looked at lots of code and files, but can't track
it down.