Re: Why Are Some Fonts So Bad ?

Nick Boyce wrote:
> For instance, the font used for the words "Did you know ?" in the "Tip
> Of The Day" dialogs offered by both Konsole and Kate is *awful* - it
> looks a mess ... utterly uneven and broken.

The might to a large degree be caused by the gray and white stripes in the
background. At least the "edges" in the small round letters like "o" are
optical artifacts from the interaction between font and background and are
not caused by the font itself as far as I can see.

By the way, *none* of the fonts in the screenshot is anti-aliased.

Greetings,

  Gunter

--
No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got
there first, and is waiting for it.        -- (Terry Pratchett, Reaper