Re: konqueror/desktop user settings

* Michael Peddemors [Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:46:06 +0000]:
> There is no smart way :)
> We are working on similar stuff here with our Thin Client server stuff here,
> but the problem is that their are lots of settings in .kde which have the
> complete paths embedded..
> [...]

Well, I've never used it but I remebmer having heard once about "KDE
Kiosk mode" or something like that, which was supposed to allow a
tighter control over users changing their settings and all that stuff
for "the corporate desktop".

I don't know who is usig it and if it works (I suppose it does, it's
part of KDE ;-)) or whether it may be useful with your problem. Anyway I
thought it was worth mentioning. You may look at this README file [1],
this mailing list [2] and this article in Linux Magazine [3] (starting
in page 4).

Bye.

[1] http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/kdecore/README.kiosk?rev=HEAD