Re: Woody packages for 3.2? [Re: kmail on_open focus to inbox on imapserver]

On Saturday 27 December 2003 19:16, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 26 December 2003 19:11, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 of December 2003 12:41, Robert wrote:
> > > Compiling CVS is work though, as the debian/*.install files
> > > are not up to date with CVS changing daily.  But they are much
> > > better now than say, 6 months ago as some of the debian
> > > develops have been updating them occasionally.
> >
> > Which leads me to repeat the question which I have mangled in
> > some previous post so it wasn't answered:
> >
> > 1) Are there plans for KDE 3.2 packages for Debian/woody? When
> > can we expect them?

There will never be official packages for kde3.2 on woody. On a stable debian
distribution there will never be newer versions, only security updates.

It is possible that some unofficial woody kde3.2 packages will be available
after the release of kde 3.2. But because debian testing(sarge) will be
released in near future ( I hope Q1/2004) it is also possible, that there
will never be kde 3.2 packages for woody.

If you have a normal desktop system, than I would suggest that you
dist-upgrade to testing (sarge), because it has newer versions for almonst
any package and it is relative stable too.

> I would guess so.
> Not before KDE3.2 release, obviously
>
> > 2) Are there plans for KDE 3.2beta2 packages for Debian/woody?
>
> Don't think so.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

 Ralph