Re: kmail on_open focus to inbox on imapserver

On Saturday 20 December 2003 12:28, johnny geling wrote:
> But I would like to have the inbox from the imap server opened
> on starting of kmail. Is this possible? Can I set the default
> inbox? I haven't found it.

This is indeed possible with KMail 1.5, but there is no option
available in the configuration dialogs. You just have to
manually edit the configuration file

$KDEHOME/share/config/kmailrc

so it includes the following entries in the respective sections:

<-- snip -->

[Folder_local_root]
isOpen=false

<-- /snip -->

This prevents the local folder tree from being opened at startup.

<-- snip -->

[General]
startupFolder=<folderpath>

<-- /snip -->

This will open the specified folder at startup. Just search your
kmailrc file for a section like

[Folder-<folderpath>]

to find the correct string for your folder.

Regards,

  Severin